PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LCY Remote Tower
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2017, 11:20
good egg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ZOOKER
"It's also a plus in my book that the tower controllers will have more interaction with the approach controllers (and vice versa)."

Well that statement certainly nails you down as a member of 'management', good egg.

Because that's how it generally was back in the day, when approach and aerodrome controllers were co-located in the same building, oh, and cross-valid on both functions.........Before 'management' started meddling with it.

You couldn't make this up.
Ah Zooker, there are plenty of good reasons why the approach functions for the bulk of TMA airfields were clumped together.

I'm presuming (I may be wrong here) that you see some logic in bringing those two functions closer together again?

Indeed cross-validation over the two functions seems eminently more practical again...given that they would be housed in the one location.
Such opportunities would be welcome, assuming the terms & conditions were right.

However, I doubt there will be a huge push for such a move any time soon. Crawling before walking springs to mind.