PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PC 12 practice turn backs after simulated engine failure after take off
Old 20th May 2017, 00:25
Centaurus

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
This comment from a former RAAF CFI of CFS in the era when turn backs in Vampires were first introduced at East Sale where there were two runways

Quote: "It's a bit like airline pre take-off briefs as you and I would have done them.

The brief would be specific for the take off.

When discussing turn backs they are thinking of back to the same runway . but as I mentioned before ...off on 27 at East Sale a turn to land on runway 02 (I think) would be possible PROVIDING the aircraft had enough ENERGY...i.e. height and speed and distance from the field.

So all the talk about great gliding and stuff is only applicable when the 3 issues I mentioned are satisfied ...otherwise in the case of the military PC aircraft it would a be a zoom and boom eject I expect.

IT IS ALL predicated on the three items above and a specific brief for the specific take-off runway ...think about the brief for EFATO at Kagoshima in Japan.

If they want to be hero's today and dead men tomorrow let them be. Practise it enough and statistically the result will be predictable." Unquote.