PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Finally...
Thread: Finally...
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2017, 13:47
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally...

Got the Conservative manifesto at last and its defence statement. link.Conservative Manifesto 2017 PDF In Full: Theresa May Publishes Her Programme For Government | HuffPost UK

Wasn't that easy to find actually, if anyone's got the link better, then upload it.
Page 43,44,45 details that both carriers will completed and presumably somehow operated (not immediate mothballing as the previous PM stated).
8 new frigates and 5 offshore patrol vessels planned and promised. 4 nuclear sub bombers.
Reading it carefully I find the stuff about flexible contracts really interesting- I thinking no longer 22 year careers but more a mix and match of people drifting in and out to suit operational requirements. I've said this for years, especially for the RN. £178 billion promised in job creation building schemes over the next five.
There's not much about the RAF, its mostly maritime focused approach.
Anyway, lock it up again mods? Like the last thread. Its not as if its not important is it, the choices in the next election? We are truly at a political cross roads. Implications strategically should be right at the front of every manifesto, not tucked back in the arse of it.
Anyway lock it up. Someone put up a thread about Chipmunks in 1962 Yorkshire ey?