PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - General Election 2017
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2017, 10:05
cornish-stormrider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gents
I don't " miss the point of deterrence "
It is not needed
Our number of deployed warheads - do you seriously think a nation advanced enough to loft ICBM's at us isn't capable of tracking and eliminating our sole platform?

If a rogue nation or terrorist group attacked us with a dirty bomb or CBW and was successful are we going to turn their capital into a glowing glass puddle ??

Our independant nuclear deterrent is an anachronism from the past

We do not need it anymore
There are far far better ways if war has to be waged

Also - no I am not related to Jezza.

I have spent years reading and doing a lot of thinking, in that time I have come to realise that we are far better off ridding ourselves of these obscene weapons.

Fylingdales for example serves no strategic purpose for us - it merely tells us that it is incoming and we do not have the time to do anything about it

It helps America

Is PAX America all its cracked up to be? They have been involved in wars for just about every year since the end of World War Two - for what ?

It boils down to this - who do you trust in charge?

A decent principled man who is prepared to sit and negotiate with others or the lying, flip flopping harridan?

Let's try and move forward - not cling to weapons of the past.

Also

Would I gamble my only sons life if I was given the option to retain or dispose of these weapons ? Yes. I would.

Better to surrender and live than subject the world to a deliberate nuclear strike

Park all of the nuclear weapon issues for one moment

Work through all the other points - can you honestly tell me the Conservatives will do a better job given the last nine years as factual evidence. A million people needing food banks, wage freezes and an economy that has watched every one who chose a different path improve

Defence is important - clue - defence, not expeditions to a sandbox that realistically did not achieve much

What do we do about Syria and Daesh??

China??

Korea??

I know, let's do just what we did before - that keeps working so well doesn't it ?

How about we really look to deal properly with people and stop lining rich people's pockets by moving taxes to their bank accounts through various means