PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2017, 21:55
krypton_john

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nigelh
So , how many of you are getting a pan out to start cooking your hats ...ready to EAT !!! All of the doomsters said it wouldnt be certified , wouldnt be able to cruise with level cabin , wouldnt lift etc etc Well it certainly seems to do everything pretty damn well from what i have heard . And it is still , even with our currency , incredible value for money . Personally i think i will pay half in $ and borrow the other half in £ to cover some more currency risk . The warranty also seems too good to be true ...just fuel and standard maintenance for first 1,000 hrs i think ? A very cost effective and easy to fly turbine to suit all owners , including the relatively inexperienced with all the qualities of an L4 ...............
Indeed, Nigel - apart from looking slightly odd, everything else seems remarkable.

The FADEC really dumbs down the whole power/torque management job. I think one could learn to fly this thing ab-initio so easily. One wouldn't be a particularly complete pilot, but if staying on the type would it matter?