PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2017, 05:13
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope that signage is good leading into this area?
The first sign is outside the Holiday Inn, yes it is nice and precise, just a shame it was erected just a few feet from a small tree that half hides it so in a few short years the sign will all but disappear if the tree is not cut back. With a large expanse of open verge with just one tree on it the location of the sign is quite remarkable.

I will do a photo update when the traffic light junction to the mid term opens and the CTA roundabout fully opens. At the moment the shuttle bus stop has been moved into the goods in area by the old terminal so a concrete base can be laid for the bus to park on. Also the rear of the bus station maneuvering area is being raised to the same height as the roundabout.

Still no signs of the missing section of new build terminal actually being built some 17 months after the bus station was moved. That missing section is key to the whole redevelopment, as the existing ground floor retail units will move into that new area. The space released will then allow the security area to be expanded.

Also the landside waiting area for arrivals will be able to move into the new build which will then allow more baggage belts in an expanded luggage area to be built.

On the first floor the missing section of the new departure lounge can then be started so there is still at least 12 to 18 months work left on the terminal before it is fully finished. I am thinking more likely to be 18 months than 12 months.

Last edited by LTNman; 24th Apr 2017 at 05:38.