PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Aus/NZ Positions
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2017, 02:16
wannabe92

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys

Apologies if this has been answered before or is in the wrong area

I’ve been invited for the cadet testing in Melbourne and don’t want to get ahead of myself but still just want to get a clearer picture of the lifestyle once you’re actually on the books and how rosters work in with the greater work life balance of today

I see a lot of talk on here about how many young captains there are at Jetstar, this has the obvious impact on promotion so at the moment how long could you expect to be a second officer for and then first officer?

I know you have to be prepared to move (which I would be fine with), but just wanted to confirm that the 787 bases are Melbourne and Sydney? Or can you get based in another capital?

For the A320 I imagine you get based in whichever city you’re needed the most, and then wait for appropriate seniority before being able to request a move? A few years ago there was a lot of news about pilots getting sent to NZ/Asia – does this mean a full on move to these countries is required or are you still based in Aus and just flying for these entities? Can this still happen?

Also what would a typical monthly roster on the 787 and A320 look like? On the A320 I imagine short haul is different, is it 5 days on 2 days off sort of thing?

Thanks again in advance