PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Cadet mid 2017 Intake
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2017, 10:05
mkqq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jetstar Cadet mid 2017 Intake

Hello all,

I am currently applying for the Jetstar Cadet 2017 Intake. Reading a lot on these forums I am seeing a lot potentially scary pitfalls but I've decided to apply anyway, see how far I go, and figure it out from there.

Before University I really wanted to train to be a pilot, but simply did not have the finances. Now I'm just turned 29, and having worked a few years in engineering, I have saved up just enough to pay for the $145k training cost.

Just a few things I want to get some opinions on if possible:

1 - Would Jetstar consider 29 to be too old?

2 - While Jetstar says zero aviation experience required, would they really consider someone with zero experience?

3 - The cost for phase 1 is $145k. Is there a cost for phase 2 (type endorsement)?

4 - The information booklet says employment is not guaranteed. I understand that they have to put this clause in there, but I'm wondering out of all the previous cadets what percentage of them ended up without jobs and why?

5 - Would they start the type endorsement asap after 18 months? I've also read that some cadets had to wait a long time for it.

Would be good if I can get some info. My plan is to submit the best application I can and figure it out or decided as I go.

Many thanks