PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Runway Controllers and the Runway Caravan
Old 23rd Mar 2017, 16:55
ACW342

Location: 75' from the runway edge and 150' from the threshold
Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts
Tours and earthing spikes

Danny,
With reference to Leeming, I was there, not as a RWC, '81 to almost '84 whereupon I got a really great posting to SCFCU at Benson and the finest Flt Lt. I've ever met, (and who I hope is still with us) and his greeting to all, be it the lowest or highest in the service of "You F*c*ng Wanchors"

The second tour was '90-'91 and the ferry back home to civvy street and a mortgage paid for by Auntie Betty, God bless her. . The most entertaining incident at Leeming was when a Sqn Cdr (no sqn numbers- no pack drill!!) as No1 in a pairs approach to 16 landed perfectly on the numbers, thereby allowing the no.2 to land in the undershoot with a massive cloud of red dust, soil and pebbles. After arriving on the runway itself no.2 stopped fairly sharpish turned off the runway and proceeded at a lick back to dispersal completely ignoring the instructions of the duty pilot to stop and shut down! I have no knowledge of what transpired back at the dispersal but I bet there's someone out there who does. C'mon tell us all!