PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Korean Air road show dates ME
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2017, 20:08
DesiPilot
The Bumblebee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bringbackthe80s
Thanks for the info.
Just playing devil' s advocate here, but how exactly is 11 days at home (using annual leave) and 18 days at work every month good lifestyle? All of this with major jetlags.
I am sure it works for people and there's many worse deals around, and I'm sure they have great airplanes to fly. But is the 11 days at home really the selling point?

Just trying to get the general views here, but I'd be more attracted to moving my family to a nice expat enviroment with decent enough rosters and get on with it.
I've been with KE for a bit over 5 years now. In those five years I have not missed a single birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, spring and fall break or any other time my family needed me home. Yes, you get 11 days off a month, but you choose which 11 days off you want and KE builds your schedule around your requested days off.

It may not be much, but ask all the pilots in ME whose families has had enough of ME and wanted to move back home; it is a blessing for them. I guess 11 days at home are a lot better then living away all the time. Having said that, it is not everyone's cup of tea. Living out of suitcase for 16 days gets old very fast, and jet lag is something you have to cope with every month if you live in EU or US.