PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2017, 07:34
Harry Wayfarers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No mention about the terminal actually being closed overnight
Is there any mention that the terminal is actually open overnight?

I recall when I used to travel on the 0600 Austrian Airlines departure from LHR, terminal 2 or 3, there were no LHR hotel shuttle buses operating at that time of the morning whilst the terminal was closed until 0500 ... And LHR is one of the world's busiest airports, not some seaside aerodrome.

There are a few here that are completely missing the point. No one is going to fly into Southend to save a few pounds only to spend more than the saving made by using SEN to then have to book into even a cheap hotel. A better option would be to have spent a few pounds more on the ticket flying into a 24 hour airport.
Then that's what they should have done!

When I lived/worked in LGW and the optimum travel was out of LHR I would take a hotel stay & park deal, when I lived in the midlands LHR was a pain in the butt to get to by public transport, expensive to park the car at, so I would hire two one-way hire cars.

When I lived/worked in LGW and one time needed to go to Odessa the best flight deal was out of STN with MALEV, no problem to pay to get across the Dartford Crossing and a stay & park deal at The Green Man in Old Harlow.

A crack of sparrow farts AF departure out of BHX, no problem, I got a good deal staying the night before at the Chace Hotel in Coventry ... where there was a very good fish & chip shop across the road

Whenever I may leave home to go travelling I know exactly how I am going to be getting from A to B and where I'm going to be sleeping, and I don't 'do' park benches, should I f*** up in my travel plans then that is nobody's fault except my own, I don't presume that somewhere is going to have a place for me to sleep, I make damn sure that I'm going to have a place to sleep.