PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEVEL: New Low Cost long haul from IAG Group
Old 18th Mar 2017, 23:52
vikdream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by samca
Not agree with you, I don't know any single pilot of Ryanair who want to join in Iberia, at least from the last 3 years...
On top of that, I know that at least from one of those airlines nobody (NOBODY) has joined Iberia, even if they had the chance to.

IB is a brilliant deal for somebody wanting a life in MAD and the possibility of long haul, but many will even drop that for other things (especially money).

Anyway this is not a threat about IB... but reality is that recent joiners (post 2015) have been, in the vast majority, people with (very) low experience or joining from Vueling. There are a few from other airlines, of course, but it is far from being the majority of them. My experience is that the vast majority of Senior First Officers in other airlines are not interested in IB level 11, although I have to say IB is probably the best career you can have in Spain... if you want to live on a suitcase.

And of course we know how things work in Spain and in Iberia in particular, so IB is not for everybody. But that's another story.

I hope LEVEL goes forward, but I can anticipate very low contracts and possibly the worst conditions in the industry.