PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAR S-92 Missing Ireland
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2017, 11:30
maxwelg2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mitchaa
Who is we norunway? Are you part of the PPRUNE moderation team?

I fail to see your point, this is in the public domain and questions are being asked in the industry. Should we just have this thread as a meaningless condolence thread and cut out all the aviation talk? How is that helpful? Is the S92 at risk is what's on most people's minds?

Sorry but I disagree with you, this is no different to any other accident thread, all thoughts should be welcomed. No one reading will take any of the discussions as fact, more of a deeper insight into possible reasons and the thought processes behind them.

Like I said above, if it were one of my family, I'd be searching for answers now, not in 2yrs time when the accident report is released. Perhaps that's just me.

I do think it's wrong of you though to force the self righteous card. It's the internet, it's a public discussion forum, it's actually a rumour network going by the name.

Let people post what they want within reason and with no censorship, we are all adults. My son flys in an S92 every 3wks, am I worried that there may be an issue? Of course I am.
Well said Mitchaa, as a PAX who originally came across this forum looking for information after CGR491 just over 8 years ago I find the majority of the posters on here great sources of additional points of view from an experienced knowledge base.

I next fly in a S-92A on Monday, as always I trust the pilots, who trust the AMEs, who trust the manufacturer to reduce the risk of rotary flight to as low as practically possible. The "recent" TRPCS bearing assembly issue is just another example of where can never drop our guard and always remain vigilant.

When tragic events such as 491 or 116 happen we all have a right to access to as much information as possible to determine whether or not we wish to continue accepting the inherent risks of helo flying. I've personally been accepting that risk for over 25 years and have no intentions to deviate from that.

I can tell you that it still grieves me to how 491 happened, but myself and my friends and collleagues who lost family members take some comfort in knowing that valuable lessons were learned and that the loss of life was not completely in vain. I kept that thought in my mind as we attended the 8th memorial service and the candles were lit by the family members for all 17 souls that were lost that day.

I'm sure that the friends and family of 116 will take comfort in knowing that they are all in our thoughts and prayers within our small community who use and rely on this AC type to not only save lives but also to make a living in our chosen industry, no matter what the root cause(s) emerge from the following investigation. It is human nature to ask the question "why" at this stage in the ongoing investigation.

Max