PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian B737 Pilot selection (Updated)
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2017, 12:44
Direct Bondi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
adolf,

I fully respect the right of anyone seeking employment, or change, to ask any question(s) in their endeavors and wish them every success.

I have sought to correct misinformation and provide relevant information, including union representation and to whom, in order that prudent choices may be made by prospective applicants. Remember, some pilots may be leaving a career with an airline to join Norwegian via a 3-year fixed term, temporary “career” with a staffing agency.

My post on the previous page details the way to a more secure working relationship directly with the Norwegian airline for ALL their pilots, rather than the present fragile and insecure relationship via a service provider. This outcome is desired by the Norwegian Pilot Group and stated on their website – link:

http://norwegianpilotgroup.org/

The US based cabin crews have achieved some success with the help of the National Mediation Board. Unfortunately, Norwegian is obstructing their Collective Labor Agreement by refusing roster changes for two representatives to attend negotiation meetings. Spanish pilots are also facing obstruction in their CLA with Orient Ship Management and a non-airline, Norwegian Resource Group. Spanish cabin crews have threatened to strike if they cannot achieve representation directly to the Norwegian airline.

With the inordinate Kjos propaganda of Norwegian’s expansion and reported desperate need for pilots, combined with last summer’s debacle of thousands of passengers left stranded and distraught by cancelled flights due to a lack of pilots, there may never be a better bargaining opportunity.

Perhaps you, or any other person, can provide a reason why Norwegian’s pilots continue to pay union dues for representation to a staffing agency, when the ability to have union representation, a CLA and associated labor rights directly with the Norwegian airline is available.