PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SDM - Strip Display Management Test Advice
Old 6th Feb 2017, 13:16
U04elw2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SDM is gone

Originally Posted by ATC_Hustl
Hey,
Is this SDM Test still included in FEAST ?

How about this Multipass test - does it have something to do with the SDM test + sector management ?
Heya from what I gather the SDM has been replaced by DART. I sat it during my RAF tests and it was possibly the most stressful part of all the aptitude tests - you'll leave thinking you've totally failed!

The wiki page is pretty helpful:

DART (Dynamic ATC Radar Test). The DART test requires applicants to guide aircraft safely and efficiently through a system of checkpoints taking certain traffic constraints into consideration: The DART test requires applicants to guide 3 airplanes safely and efficiently through a system of 4 checkpoints (A,B,C,D), taking certain traffic constraints into consideration: All 3 planes are only allowed to fly in an altitude of either 100, 200, or 300. First without any other planes, then with air traffic of various other planes, one does not have control over (and which are normally always on collision course) and finally, one must additionally, simultaniously do some mental arithmetic: You are listening to a sequence of letters and digits. Whenever 2 digits are to be heard, one must add them together: For example, "AT3QSK7TBV8PH4" requires at first an addition of "3+7" and then as soon as you hear the digit 8, an addition of "7+8" and then "8+4"; so, in other words, to remember the last digit of the last addition and to add it with the next coming digit. The top priority is, of course, to avoid conflicts or collisions between the planes, but also to give possibly very few commands - as fewest as it is possible. Planes on the screen respond to the given instructions with a certain time delay.