PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cebu Pacific Pilot Req
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2017, 20:40
Officer Kite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by iggy
I know of several female pilots that are even shorter than that. Just go for it if it is your dream and consider other options if Cebu doesn't deliver what you are expect. Height requirement now a days that everything works with the touch of a button is a nonsense.
Sorry but that is ridiculous. If your feet cannot reach the rudder pedals, hands reach the throttle without being too far forward (so that you can reach the pedals) whilst simultaneously being at a reasonable pitch so that you can actually fully see outside then there is a problem. To suggest everything works "at the touch of a button" in itself suggests a lack of knowledge of what's involved to fly a plane. You cannot afford to not be able to reach half the things you need to just cos the aircraft is fly by wire.

Most A320 operators have their requirement around 160, the lowest I've come across is 158cm for easyJet. The reality is you will have to ask Cebu Pacific directly as each airline has their own unique requirements. How it works in the Philippines with regards being told one thing then seeing another being done, I've never been there so don't know, take the advice of those who know how it works there and I wish you the best of luck