PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225.....CAA meeting with Airbus Helicopters
Old 13th Jan 2017, 17:14
lowfat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Better dust of your passports and vaccination certs.. looks like the dark continent is hungry for 225s..

Meanwhile, in a further sign of the H225’s rehabilitation, lessor Waypoint has placed a former offshore H225 with German operator Global Helicopter Service (GHS).

It intends to deploy the aircraft in Africa on contract work for non-governmental and humanitarian relief agencies – a market dominated by the Russian-built Mil Mi-8/17.

Dominik Goldfuss, chief executive of GHS, says he is “110% convinced” of the type’s safety. “There is nothing to fear in the H225’s overall safety record or that I have any concerns about,” he says. “As long as Airbus Helicopters is giving me confidence that they are doing everything to sort this problem I don’t have any issues.”

Goldfuss points to a large pool of available H225s, all drawn from the offshore industry; the airframe GHS will receive will require reconfiguration work, he says, “as we don’t need the offshore gear”. shamelessy stolen from flightglobal