PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Getting back into DGCA after 5 years away!
Old 11th Jan 2017, 01:03
rahulpereira

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting back into DGCA after 5 years away!

Hey guys,
My situation is probably not that common and so am seeking advice from you all.
I got my FAA CPL IR Single Engine back in 2012 and at the time had my Indian RT and had also cleared my DGCA Air Regulation and Met papers. I had only Nav left after having failed multiple times on 67 and 69. Unfortunately, before i could give any more attempts my financial situation changed as I had an education loan to pay back and my father being in the unpredictable hotel industry got laid off for a few months.
Luckily, he had previously worked in the Caribbean and helped to get a job and have been working as a bartender ever since. I managed to pay back my loan and give them their house back(which they mortgaged for my flying) and also kept myself recent by flying a few hours every now and then.

Now, the industry in Indian has changed for the better and all my friends that were until now sitting at home managed to find jobs and are flying.

My question now is how do I go about trying to get my DGCA licence and coming back to apply for jobs, keeping in mind the 5 year rule for flying ? I'm looking for the most inexpensive way and/or the fastest way with the updated DGCA rules (which to be honest, I am a little out of date with).

I enjoyed being a bartender and saved a little bit of money but my passion was always flying and want to get back in it.

Any suggestion/advice much much appreciated.
Thanks and best regards.