PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2017, 06:14
Malakor1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pillymonkey
G'day everyone,

Can anyone recommend any Mathematics bridging courses in N.S.W (or nearby) that are DFR approved? Meet all requirements except for the Maths education requirement (Didn't do 2 Unit back when I was at school, only general...) and just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction as I am overseas for the time being and can't discuss with DFR for now, but looking to get back to Aus and complete a bridging course so I can begin my application.

Had a look through this forum but the few suggestions were quite uncertain with regards to whether the ADF would accept any course, or only particular courses that they deemed as suitable.

Cheers.
Hi Pillmonkey,

I went through the process with dfr over 3 yrs ago and did a bridging course with murdoch university in WA online via open universities;

http://handbook.murdoch.edu.au/units/details?unit=MAS182

At the end of the day somebody at dfr just needs to be satisfied that the course you completed meets a standard equivalent to the school mathematics requirements and then can sign off on that.

It was a bit of a pain doing these bridging courses just to get in but once you get through it will make you work harder knowing how much effort you have put in to get there!

Good luck