PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Considering leaving BA
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2017, 22:39
McNugget

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4468
Hi McNugget

I comfortably exceeded your 18 days a month, both last month and this. Though I accept occasionally I won't

Why would I be interested in what you made? I have no idea what it costs you to live? As for me, I live in 3 acres with 5 stables, in a Northern county. My property cost little more than twice my annual salary!! My wife and I are both within 20 minutes of our parents, and my kids see their cousins most weekends.

US carriers are frequently protected from bankruptcy by Chapter 11. They lurch from good times to furlough with monotonous regularity! I know which I prefer!

So, do you think there's room for improvement?
BA SH wouldn't give me 18 days off a month. That's the crux of the OPs discussion.

I'm sure you get lots of time off - then again, as you repeatedly remind us, you're at the top of the seniority tree.

I too have a several acre property in the UK. If I so choose, I could spend more time in it each month than a BA SH pilot. Again, the crux of the OP's 'beef'.

I didn't drag CX into this discussion. I merely offered to answer a question on it.

If you think that BA SH salary is good for the workload involved, then I am surprised, that's all. I think it is quite poor. The retirement contributions are in need of a good boost, too.

I realise that given your tenure and joining date at BA, you think they can do no wrong.

I think your use of 'monotonous regularity' is slightly loose. It happened since the turning of the century, but before those dark years, and since, US legacy contracts have wiped the floor with BA and VS.

I used them as a reference. I am not American either.