PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Resignation Tips
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2016, 17:01
sonoma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr. Good Cat. I don't want to labour a point, which is insignificant to most people.
However, the religion in that part of the world is a state controlled entity. It is an integral part of the society - it is the legal system, and it is an effective means of controlling people. To compare it to other religions is to show it a lack of understanding. You need only look at what happens to those who try to leave it. Are you aware that you can have your jail sentence reduced and often suspended if you convert. Many of those who have worked, and still work there, can tell you of people who behave in the way you mention - booze etc., but come ramadan, they fast, abstain from carnal activities, adhere strictly to iftar timings, and play the game. Makes no moral sense to most of us, and we tend to see things morally. If you look at it through a western lens, a lot of the behaviour will never make sense - that is probably why the west will never understand their culture enough to integrate them.

Originally posted by 'vfenext'. Quote, 'Sonoma, what rock did you crawl out from? Utter and complete BS of a post.'

Your one liner was derogatory, but devoid of any factual rebuttal. Why not give a reason for your nasty remark? Correct me if you think I'm wrong, but at least have something constructive to say.
What I stated above is based on personal experience and that of people I know. Most of the ‘locals’ I worked with were lovely people and loyal to the principles of their culture. There were others from around the region with whom I worked, who followed the practices I mention above.
In free cultures we back up our positions with facts. You seem to make it a habit to be abusive to posters with whom you disagree, and usually without taking a position on the topic.

Last edited by sonoma; 25th Jan 2017 at 15:26. Reason: Response to vfenext