PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Considering leaving BA
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2016, 16:40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree this thread isn't about pay. I've said all through my flying career, the best paid jobs tend to be dangerous, boring, or insecure! One way or another there are usually very good reasons why employers need to pay big money! Everyone would do the best jobs for free, if only they could afford to. Float plane in the Indian Ocean, flying in shorts and flip-flops anyone??

But just to put Pork chop express' post in to perspective, it's only right to add some balance! I know for a fact there are more BA SH captains on the top paypoint than on all the bottom 3 paypoints! Last time I checked, the top SH paypoint pays around £140k basic. Plus around £12k. Remember, a fair number of pilots in BA are not UK tax payers!

Top paypoint for a basic (gash shag!) LH captain seems to be around £165k plus £12k. There are very significant emoluments for both training and junior management.

If you can't make those numbers work on a full, or part time basis, (should that be your preference?) then you must have some VERY serious addictions, or a 5 a side team of ex-wives!

I'm not saying for one moment everyone is on these numbers, but nor are many on Pork chops'! Everyone is somewhere along that scale.

There are of course, many other items in the overall package that make BA attractive!

Last edited by 4468; 31st Dec 2016 at 16:50.