PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Considering leaving BA
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2016, 18:30
Mr Gammon Flaps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't know there were so many unhappy guys at BA. I've just had about 10 private messages from current BA captains that want to leave.

For those that haven't contacted me thus far; I would just say this:

Flying in China is like being a high class hooker. You are getting ****** for loads of money. The job is mostly . You are subjected to ridiculous rules and countless bizarre checks. And you always operate under the ultimate Sword of Damocles, whereby a kidney stone or bad day in the sim can terminate your career. Be under NO illusion......China is a high stakes game....

Like any mercenary, if you survive, the rewards are there. I hate the job....BUT... am based in Europe, I normally get 12-17 days off per month, and I did not exaggerate - I NET £15k per month......all approved by HMRC. Not including overtime or bonus. This is CEO salary.

We are all saving £5k plus per month. 2 x 4 year contracts and we are all game over. Thats the reality of a China job.

Day to day, its okay. All flights are 4 crew. The first officers are very respectful and competent. BUT....it is a complete shambles. Yes they produce a roster; but sometimes we only get it 48 hours before; and its subject to frequent changes.

BUT....as I say......you get paid CEO salary for a reason.

It is absolutely not for everyone. But what job is. Perhaps if I joined BA in my 20's I would be happy to be there for 40 years. But then again....thats probably not me.