PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Considering leaving BA
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2016, 12:50
Stan Woolley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi bex88

There's nothing worse than feeling trapped in a job, I recognise that feeling. I think that there will have to be compromise somewhere along the line, you simply can't have it all. Some will disagree, but I just think that they might not have the same priorities that you do. Balancing family life with flying is tricky enough at the best of times.

I wouldn't even have added to the thread, only I saw BBJ say that one advantage that Easy had over BA was 'a stable roster', I nearly spit my lunch all over my iPad! A friend of mine who's been there 20years says that last summer was 'the worst ever'. That must include summers, long ago, when I was there, left seat. It just goes to show how different perceptions can vary wildly within companies, different bases, different fleets (doesn't apply at easy), different base captains, but more importantly, different personalities.

I don't have the answer, but I do know that the way you feel will be affecting your family's as well as your own wellbeing. As someone who suffered a stroke, I would advise you to do something about it and not put it on the long finger. If it were my choice to make, first thing I'd try would be to go part time at BA. Don't tickle it, make a difference. Compromise on the money. But that's just me having fun. The real choice is yours.

Good luck & all the best for 2017.