PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Considering leaving BA
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2016, 08:22
RexBanner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's exactly the trouble with us as human beings. We are constantly driven to try and better our situation and seek other options. Never being satisfied is what has driven us forward as a race but what also has the tendency to ruin us at times. I've been at both easy and BA and believe me, there are genuine complaints and grumbles at both. Nowhere is a nirvana nowadays. If you think operating out of Heathrow is a pain (and it is) Gatwick is its identikit little brother (with slightly less holding - emphasis on slightly). That's more for other people than yourself as you've stated your particular issues.

I had this discussion with an ex colleague who is joining us this year from easy who had concerns about the number of negative posts from BA pilots on here. His words were along the lines of "can you imagine the thread you could make out of easyJet at Gatwick?" You can't put it better than that. I flew with ex Monarch DEC's and a DEC from another previous airline who absolutely couldn't stand the place and I could tell regretted the move.

Ultimately you could arguably better your situation by escaping Gatwick and being in a nice regional base at easyJet but also remember that it will take you many, many years to achieve that situation, no one is in a hurry to leave the likes of Edinburgh or Bristol. I've got a mate in easy who's a skipper, has been in over ten years and is still waiting for Edinburgh. By the time you'd have waited for that at easyJet if you'd stayed at BA you'd have built up a decent level of seniority and have a much better time of things.

The grass is not always greener. Of course if you do decide to take the plunge I won't be complaining about moving a further place up the seniority list ;-)

Last edited by RexBanner; 28th Dec 2016 at 08:44.