PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA cabin crew to strike
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2016, 09:31
cessnapete

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
BA will reap what they sow in paying very low cabin crew wages.
The present cabin service on my recent flights has been variable to say the least.
Recently Qantas Business Classs connecting to Lhr BA A380, fortunate to be bumped into First Class.
The QF flight was on a full aircraft with 12 Business seats. An immaculately turned out CSM (27 years service QF) dealt with the front cabin on his own, no other person in the galley. Great food and service efficiently and professionally carried out. Small things stood out, the wine service , full knowledge of the product, and presented and served from the bottle at the seat.

The BA service did not compare. The A380 cabin service procedure doesn't help by serving from the front rearwards by one crew member, meaning a long wait if you sit in the rear seats (40 mins to get the first drink)
The crew member in our isle less than immaculately turned out, re QF, hairbrush?, and either the uniform too small or she two sizes too large.
The wine service."Do you want some wine with your meal luv?" No knowledge of the product just referred to the menu. Served from the galley in the glass, could have been anything.
Small points but not what you'd expect if you'd paid a large amount of money for the FC seat.
I realise the BA procedures contributed to the poor service on this occasion, but as far as the crew members performance, BA obviously get what they pay for.
I would choose another carrier next time.