PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NPAS thread removed
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2016, 12:12
tigerfish

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As someone who was involved in the development of Police Aviation since the mid 1980's, I remain very saddened by the reduction of effective air support available to the bobby on the beat since the creation of NPAS.
Like many others long before NPAS arrived I had been a strong supporter of a National Police Air Wing. But I had made the fatal mistake of looking at it from an operational viewpoint, better coverage, better training better standardisation etc etc. What I forgot was that in modern day policing Operational efficiency stood for nothing! All that mattered was the cost! Do it for tuppence if you can. Close bases, reduce the fleet, get rid of the enthusiastic thief catchers the only thing that matters is Political expediency etc etc .
But hey ho what does it matter? The rest of the service seems to be going down the tubes as well.
One bit of good news However is that my old unit Nr Bristol will be getting its new home! Combining its base and facilities with the local Air Ambulance. Both units operate the same type of A/C so potentially a better service for all concerned.
To those that knew me, I'm not dead yet! Getting a bit old and wrinkly but at nearly 72 I guess thats to be expected. Still active in my support for Police aviation though.

TF