PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OFFICER and AIRCREW 'CANDIDATES' PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 30th Nov 2016, 20:57
RearEntry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
apita delay in booking medical
Possibly a daft question, but I can't see an answer in the thread.

After visit to AFCO, interview by staff, interview by RAF officer, and a day trip around a station, my son is still waiting for an appointment to have his medical. He'd been told by AFCO that six weeks without hearing anything is normal and that there is nothing he can do so speed up the process. He's applying to become an Engineering Officer.

Understandably he's nervous about rocking the boat by hassling the AFCO staff, but is it really the case that after almost two months of being told that a medical has been arranged on the system he's still not heard anything?
My boy has now had a medical, apparently went OK, but because he had a few bumps and scrapes along the way - "have you ever had an x-ray for a suspected fracture?" - Capita are calling for more reports. That was over a month ago and weekly calls to the AFCO are not really helping although he is on first name terms with the staff now :-)

He walked into the AFCO at the end of June, today he told me he's fed up of the bar job he's taken to tide him over until the RAF kicks off and is going to apply elsewhere.

Serious question: What other organisation would countenance a recruitment system that has spent over six months since application and has still not got to interview let alone job offer?

MBA Question: How many good candidates are lost in the "system"?

VSO Question: What are the anticipated long term effects of the current recruitment process?