PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kuwait Airways Roadshow Turkey
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2016, 11:26
one mile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

assesment feedbacks:

Meccti booked us one day hotel including breakfast at a 5 star hotel called Gonen Istanbul.
DAY 1 First Part: Interview

Number of candidates: 6 all type rated B777 (3 capts/3Fo's)

the day of your interview you will be picked up at the hotel to the training center, beware its at Turkish Airlines training academy not IFTC BOEING as some crew got lost and went to the wrong building.

A very nice lady from Meccti will be welcoming you and she will be there to assist you at all time.
After a quick free coffee break, the Kuwait Airways senior pilots will call you for the interview. There was 3 pilots from KAC (2 capts and 1 SFO) they are really nice and relaxe. They will ask you few questions about yourself, aviation background, impression on KAC, what do you know about KAC, why you want to join KAC...
Than they will ask you some technical question:

- Describe PWS system
-Describe TCAS and what the procedure for RA
- Difference betwen TA/RA
-Tell more about Electrical System, EEC, TAC, LMS...
-Explain RVSM
-Explain RVSM contingency in NATS airspace
- Explain ETOPS vs EDTO vs LROPS
- MNPS
- Hydraulic system questions
- Memory items
- Limitations
-Explain in detail your action as a "Crew" when you have an EFATO scenarios
- CRM questions like what you do if a captain doesnt follow SOP
- Explain Rejected landings
- Windshear procedure,
- Stall protection and procedure
- De-Icing and Anti-icing questions
-LVP/CAT2/CAT3 questions
-differences between B777-200LR/B777-300ER

you will not get all these questions at once as different candidates will get differents questions from the list above, once again some guys got around 20 questions and others got less questions.
In my humble opinion if they see you know your aircraft they wont ask you more than 5 or 10 qestions max.
I got only 5 questions and some infos regarding my career and aviation background.

Than after 5 mins the lady from the agency (Meccti in my case) will come to tell you if you PASS/FAIL. If you pass you go to the next stage the sim.
Sadly 2 very experienced capts failed, they don't give you a reason for your failure, just thank you for coming and we wish you success in your career...

Second Part: The Sim

you will do it in a B777-300ER brand new TK/CAE sim.
you will depart from EGLL RWY27L and have an Eng Fail or Severe Damage, than vectors for final Single Eng with 30kts xwinds, you will end up unstable: GO-AROUND
than they will reposition you for a Single Eng landing with 28kts xwinds decreasing to 15kts for FO's.

Remember to brief before take off and do your checklist.
There will be 2 captains, one will make notes and the other will run the sim, they are very very focus on details and every thing you say during or do during the sim is noted.
Once again they are there to help you but they need to see your CRM/Flying skills/Decision making process/Work under Pressure...

The final result you will get it after a week via email from the agency.

That what I can tell guys, please feel free to PM if you need further infos.
If I remember some more informations I will post it here without hesitation.

Good luck guys finger crossed.

One mile