PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 12
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2016, 11:51
Mr Optimistic

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
Pax so free to ignore. OG, re the stall warning, I think the point about latching the warning is that the system alarmed on valid data, the data then went invalid (as it happens because of the scenario which generated the alarm) and the system logic gave priority to the validity limit. So the system discounted it's previous diagnosis which was based on data it judged valid and just shut up. The logic designers missed this in my view; at the least some warning that the system was off line could be generated ie you might be stalled but I can't tell, best check yourselves!

Edit: mind you if the environment is such that you don't register the aural alarm, as witnessed above, perhaps other design changes are needed first. Perhaps the mitigation claimed in the safety case by raising an aural alarm needs to be factored if other alarms are sounding concurrently.

BTW, wasn't Uplinked case a bit more insidious than AF ? They had the a/p drop out, not the slowly developing situation in Ups case. Mind you, the captain absenting himself could have been a clue that something was afoot

Last edited by Mr Optimistic; 1st Oct 2016 at 12:11.