PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 12
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2016, 06:34
vilas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Uplinker
I was trying to explain that the situation is very subtle
. Sure it is. Read my post
UAR is very serious situation to identify and correct and in my opinion something that was not going to happen by accident.
As you found it. It only means proper training which the 447 crew didn't have. And in absence of that I had said
When looking for possible improvements of the equipment we should look to future and not bring in AF447 because how an insufficiently trained crew would have used that enhancement is impossible to guess.
But I definitely have problem with
reading of FCOM does not make a pilot, and reading up on emergency procedures does not prevent from acting differently in real live.
Fly safe.
To fly safe without knowledge needs lots of luck which the unfortunate crew of 447 and EK521 didn't have. If the pitots had not frozen that fateful night or had the crew of 521 not decided to GA after touch down they may have retired peacefully after 20 years without knowing what they would have done on those occasions. But lesser mortals need to survive through knowledge which may keep them alive through the experience should it happen.