PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anything But A CFI Job!
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2016, 22:37
FlyingAlly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anything But A CFI Job!

How's it going all? I am a single 23-year-old dual degree holder from Embry-Riddle and Metropolitan State University of Denver. I am currently a CPL Multi and Single Engine rated pilot with about 300TT. I really don't want to invest the money into becoming a CFI as I feel the return on my investment is nil and I'm not actually flying the airplane (which I like doing). I've been looking at jobs overseas in Europe, Africa, Asia and even the Caribbean and South America but just don't know what the best path for me is. I really want the opportunity to live/fly in another country, flying cargo or medical services in and out of remote locations. I have been looking at some of the Low-Cost Passenger Carriers in Europe and their hiring minimums for FO's into 737s and A320s are ridiculously low ranging from 70 Hours PIC to 500TT (some requiring you pay for the type rating others issuing a bonded type rating). Albeit their safety records are respectable I still want to make a "safe" decision that benefits me. I've even been looking at getting my EASA conversion so I can apply in Europe. I'm open to any path (not strictly cargo and medical) and any advice you have to offer me is welcomed and appreciated. Location does not matter, pay is somewhat important as I need to pay these student loans off, but the experience is what matters most to me. I chose this career because of the uniqueness of our industry and the work we do. I would not change my career path for anything.

What is a bonded type rating by the way?