PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mueller joining EK
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2016, 18:06
MR8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Monarch Man
How many times have people had the thought, "ahhhh a breath of fresh air this new person will be, they'll sort it out" and yet, as time ticks inexorably by, the same intractable mindset of reduced accountability, cultural adjustment and finally punitive measures ensures the more things change, the more they stay the same.
This guy will be do his best to make his mark until he crosses the wrong Habibi at which point he will fall into line, or leave, it's all so depressingly predictable.
MM, I agree with you on most guys, but would like to point out a few key differences when it comes to Muller:

1. He allegedly quit Malaysian because he couldn't cope with the corruption. In my book that means that he is sincere in his way of doing things. (I know that he is ruthless, but al least he seems to believe in what he is doing). Also, Sheik A probably knows this as well..
2. Other guys where people might have been thinking "a breath of fresh air" usually aren't coming in the company directly at this high of a position, with the task of thinning out the weeds... Muller isn't exactly on a position like TCAS, MM (training), JA or Dunnowho. He will be hired in the highes echelons of Emirates. The only 'habibi' he will have to answer to is called Maktoum, the other guy will be TC.
3. Rumor is that EK has a complete hiring stop (apart from pilots)... Seems that they do know their overhead of Costa staff is too high.

So yes, I might be naive, but I am quite curious on what's going on, and I don't think this is necessarily a negative evolution...
Then again, I'm not holding my breath...

MR8