PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mueller joining EK
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2016, 15:38
Monarch Man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmm, this news together with the alleged complete recruitment ban (except for pilots) might indeed indicate that EK is going to slim down it's back office staff. If that is the case, I will be all for it: no more Costa management, but a proper reduced back office structure where people actually do have responsibilities, and where you would know who to address for which problems or suggestions.
Emiratisation is a UAE thing, and for sure there's nothing CM can do about that (and I can't see why he should), as long as he can make sure that the right person is at the right place and actually DOING his/her job to their best abilities.
Don't know what his attitude is towards pilots, but worse then now is impossible. I am actually hoping he would observe and report the cancer that AAR is, and have it cut away, but that's probably some naive positive thinking...
How many times have people had the thought, "ahhhh a breath of fresh air this new person will be, they'll sort it out" and yet, as time ticks inexorably by, the same intractable mindset of reduced accountability, cultural adjustment and finally punitive measures ensures the more things change, the more they stay the same.
This guy will be do his best to make his mark until he crosses the wrong Habibi at which point he will fall into line, or leave, it's all so depressingly predictable.