PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Aus/NZ Positions
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2016, 08:06
ExtraShot

Received 33 Likes on 7 Posts
-Overtime, very conservative at 10hrs for 10 months of year : $14000 some rosters you may get 20- 30hrs OT at approx $140 an hour

Work Day Off- anywhere between $1000 and $1800 depending on flight hours. So assuming you do 1-2 work day offs a month one at min and the other say 4 sectors for 10 months thats
- around $15000-$28000 in day off payments. In some cases you wont lose total number of days due to having another rostered day taken off you. Again depends on how you get rostered. I have heard of 9 work day offs in one month by someone!

Hmm, I also would have thought that the very recruitment that this thread is talking about would reduce these additional components?

I can't imagine the Company is happy paying $15-28000 a year to somebody for working on Days meant to be Off Days, let alone a good proportion of 1000 odd employees getting it.

A couple of Jetstar guys I know were complaining that these day off payments, along with the overtime component, had become rare as Hens teeth a couple of years ago (it seemed they'd become used to getting it and perhaps had become reliant on it). The current situation is probably a result of the complete lack of recruitment over the recent past, while the usual attrition has been going on still, and that has created somewhat of a shortage. The same has been true for QF, though theres no such thing as 'Day Off' payments, many have been flying lots of hours and earning a fair way above minimum guaranteed pay. Regardless, now that things are moving on the recruitment front again I'd 'bank'(!) on them stuffing it up in the other direction and overdoing the recruiting again. Such is life in an Airline.

Not saying that JQ folk aren't having a good year this year either (well, if you like getting flogged for coin), but lets not kid newbys into thinking this is the norm. As with any job, bank on minimums; bonus pay is exactly that, a bonus.