PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tamworth get together on Tuesday 12 April
Old 12th Apr 2016, 09:53
aviationadvertiser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am assembling a press-release covering the event and outcomes and will post this as soon as possible.

In the meantime - a quick overview...

Many thanks must go to AOPA, RAAUS, AMROBA and Dick Smith whom attended and stood together in the call for rapid and broad regulatory reform. It was great to see everyone shoulder to shoulder on the call to government.

Thank you Dick for providing transport for the association representatives, it was appreciated and valued.

Media coverage within the New England electorate has been fantastic, with all outlets taking a serious interest in the issues discussed. TV, Newspaper and Radio have all helped elevate the discussion.

We also received the support of a range of pilots, aircraft owners and aviation business owners whom attended from various townships to show support for the call for reform. I am still receiving emails and phone calls offering support from right across the country.

Importantly, a sincere thank you must be given to Hon Barnaby Joyce MP, for taking the time to discuss the issues via telephone (as he was in Western Australia for a cabinet meeting) and for giving a direct undertaking to now move forward with a meeting with the PM and the Department of Infrastructure.

I would also like to thank Mr Tony Windsor and his staff, who were in attendance to hear the concerns presented. Mr Windsor spoke briefly in support of the aviation industry. He and his office have invited us to present to them a more detailed submission.

Today was a start and by no means is the end of our efforts to build awareness. Lots of hard-work ahead.

More to come with the press-release tomorrow.