PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Regional Headhunting
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2016, 13:00
Zaphod Beblebrox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by striker26
Does anyone know if any of these airlines would sponsor an individual. I am assuming you need the right to work and live in the US with a green card?
They are not doing it now but my guess, considering the recent Republic Chapter 11 filing, that they might attempt to end run the process by attempting to gain H1B visas for pilot candidates. The US H1B visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows US companies to employ foreign workers in specialty occupations that require theoretical or technical expertise in specialized fields such as in architecture, engineering, mathematics, science, and medicine. [https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...s+an+hb1+visa]

I have no knowledge that this is happening or about to happen. However HIB visa's are designed to allow company's to hire candidates that have special skills that are not available in the US. I don't know anything about the details of that type of visa.

This might be one way that the US Pilot profession is opened up to the world. It has not happened yet.