PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Liberal Party wins, Bombardier wins
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2016, 21:07
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The C-Series problem isn't the plane, it's the financing and the cloud over BBD's future
Sorry, I simply disagree with that idea. They just sold 75 to Air Canada. It's just a matter of finalizing the details, including financing. I imagine discounts were or will be part of the finalizing of that deal and I'm pretty sure whatever discount may have been offered was agreeable to both parties.

Everyone is absolutely sure the B737/A320 will have a resale market in 2023,
Every aircraft has a resale market but what dollar value will be found in those 320s and NGs in 10 or so years time? Probably NOT what it should be. Somebody's going to eat that and I think A and B are going to be force fed a heck of a meal by some very disappointed and angry customers. We'll just have to wait.

BBD is fighting a huge installed base and support system versus some real after delivery support questions. When CRJ F/Os complain about BBD support, you can bet there's a problem.
Dispatch reliability with the RJs and Dash 8s are at 99 point 3 digits. The support for that program is second to none. I'm not sure where your opinion is coming from but I haven't read too much negativity about BBDs customer support.
Niki Lauda is on record regarding their customer service and he's a guy who bought the CRJ for his airline back when and he now flies a Global Vision which he's sounds very happy with.

Willie

Last edited by Willie Everlearn; 20th Feb 2016 at 21:26.