PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Liberal Party wins, Bombardier wins
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2015, 12:42
striker26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They proposed Pickering Intl because, from what i remember in the news articles, that Pearson is going to be at capacity in the future (CAPACITY LOL...funny right? 5 main runways really backlogged right now!). The point being, the government and the GTAA limit economic potential. Take a look at Heathrow and JFK, how many people can say they've connected there before? Pearson - well you'd have to be only connecting within Canada to. The airlines here are only allowed to basically transport Canadians lol. Just look at examples of many airlines that are limited. I remember Emirates, Qatar, British Airways and Cathay wanted to add flights but were denied. The reason? - Protect Canadian interests when honestly great options for the consumer would allow us to not connect in JFK, DCA or ORD when going abroad .

The damn fees are so high, you cant even get a flight to Ottawa without paying 250+ bucks for a 45 minute flight. If the government was smart they'd invest to increase infrastructure at the airport, screw AC's int'l shield and allow for free market. If you're flying Q400's out of the island, at least expand the airport to increase slots for regionals., make space at the airport where you can land an a380! Instead of investing in the proper strategy they'd rather do it the old fashioned way and charge ridiculous airport fees, when its too late they'll limit slots, there's your 250 return ticket to Ottawa ......

Oh did i mention they spent billions on the Union-Pearson express? Costs 22.50 for a 20 minute ride, add your baggage fees and your airport improvement tax and..... What the point? Just another way for ppl downtown to get to Pearson 30km away, should be the other way around!

Last edited by striker26; 17th Dec 2015 at 13:04.