PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Liberal Party wins, Bombardier wins
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2015, 15:20
clunckdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The city of Toronto and the Province of Ontario are totally out of touch with the mess they are allowing to take place, When CYKZ is shut down {as it will be, thanks to lack of positive action by both the city and province} both of whoom have allowed "inherited wealth" to trump the needs of the comunity at large, {and by the way, the express wishes of the founder of the airport} Toronto will have only CYTZ and CYYZ to recieve medical emergency flights, the chaos when heavy aircraft are forced to hold as MU 2's and King Airs are forced to CYYZ in poor weather is going to be interesting to watch, the costs to our society, both monetry and non tangible will be huge, not to mention the potential loss of life and other costs if Medivacs are forced to land at CYOO and then use ground transport to move cases to downtown medical facilities, but who in Toronto council cares or even has a bloody clue about the North or the rest of Canada? None I think. Toronto is already the worst served major city in North America when it comes to GA airports, I know of one corporation moving South with 800 well paid jobs due to this situation {its a headquarters for a large multi national company} I suspect this is the start of an exodos of companies who need their aircraft to conduct their buisines, {mine included by the way} The damage done by such policies, and the late unlamented Minister of Transport, along with Transport Canadas inaction on advising the two Goverments on sound airport policies will hurt a lot more companies than just Bombardier!