PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Windsor Pilot - C-GRJH died in crash at Nashville
Old 26th Sep 2015, 19:18
Lonecrowe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll give you a few more tidbits..

So I read the NTSB report and it is pretty much a carpet sweeper. Although his parole officer was correct about him being "impulsive". He would do things in the spur of the moment many many times. We'd be driving aftering being at the bar to go get something to eat and he'd see someone's Halloween decoration on someone's porch and say "I want that!" he'd pull over go onto the person's property and steal it and throw it in the trunk and take off.

But anything involving a plane or anything major he would be very very calculating and would practice many things over and over again to a level of perfection that was insane. He wouldn't risk anything other than the occasional maneuver in which he'd have practiced a thousand times in a simulator first.

His online flying skills were so good there were Falcon tournaments he'd win online nobody could beat him.

He would go by the online handle "Muffdiver".

He was infuriatingly good.

However showing an obsession over Taylor Swift.. I definitely could see that. He had obsessions over different women over different times.

He didn't have too many friends. I was probably his closest friend he'd have when he got older because anyone he associated with quickly found out how unstable he was. I only related to him because I was in a dark period of my life and we had felt the same anger in our lives at the time. So I was willing to let some things slide. I'm a law abiding citizen and didn't participate in any of his antics but I did observe them.

He would regularly take up the Cessna 172 and actually do some rolls and loops when obviously it was not rated for it. The flying club knew it.

I went to the bar last night and someone I know knew the president at the time of the flying club and they all suspected the same thing I did. Apparently they all suspected the same thing I do.

It was involving drugs.

The bottom line was he was either A) Dropping off drugs or B) Picking up drugs and when he radioed his contact at the location they didn't' show and left him high and dry. That is why he circled for 2 hours hoping to hang around

The Taylor swift thing was going to be a cover for in case he got caught. He could have chalked it up to a mental disorder instead of actually running drugs.

He used to bring drugs in from Columbia taped to his crotch area. Once I found out these sorts of things about him this is when I started to disassociate myself with him. I never learned any names or anyone other than him. But he did show me guns he owned, and showed me cash he made from running drugs. I reported this to the Police but they also blew me off.

When I met with the police I told him he was threatening me and they stated that "99% of the people who make outright threats like this never follow through". I told them he is that 1% and that they need to watch that guy. They were nice but basically said they knew the guy already they worked out with him at the Gym.

There was several times he impersonated an officer while we were out bar hopping.

Couple years later he robs a bank. At that point I was like "whew finally people will now take me seriously and keep an eye on him".

When we'd be out at the bar he used to joke about filing flight plans to go to Ottawa and land on the parliament lawn (this was all before 911) as a form of protest or something like that. He was willing to do something to get "thrown in jail for a short period of time.. server 5-10 years and live off the sweat of the people." Then he could work out get bulked up and come out ready to cause more trouble. But before he went to jail he'd have to do something that would earn respect iniside jail. But ultimately society should pay for his life. That this society screwed him so they need to pay for his life. Food water shelter etc.

If he didn't like a particular ATC guy he would regularly harass them with a handheld. He'd park nearby and report in and they would not be able to observe him. He's call in requests to taxi etc. Every time he'd go by or drive near the airport. They knew it was him but couldn't prove it. He used to brag about this quite a bit.

He lived directly under a major decent area for DTW. There was one time we were on his deck and he would be listening in to the tower. He used to use ATC programs/games on his computer and would practice being ATC.

So that night he listened in and spotted and identified a particular plane that was descending over his house. used his hand held and proceeded to tell that flight to alter its course. I watched in amazement as the jet responded and actually began to turn! We heard the tower check in immediately and notify the pilot that the tower didn't issue that order. They said "I thought it was fake as it sounded a little weak!"

They sent out a chopper around his house eventually and he'd taunt the guy on the handheld.

Finally I had had enough of this guy when he started talking about running drugs over the border with a plane. Landing in foggy conditions over in Ohio or somewhere over the border. Someone would meet him with a van load him and refuel him and return. He was lining it all up with his people and wanted me to be his co-pilot.

I was out right there at that point. It was the final straw.

I just wanted to fly flight sims and I was getting my pilot license at the time. I just wanted to share the same love of flight. Not get involved in anything criminal.

I told him I don't care what he does with his life but I wouldn't be part of anything criminal. He was actually pretty good about that being protective and making sure that I didn't know any details. So I don't know where he went where he got anything. I just know he would fly take a vacation come back with cocaine or something.

So when I sort of disassociated myself with him that was when he started making threats etc.

Once they started getting a little over the top threatening I decided it was time to call the cops. I reported everything to the flying club and the police. Shame they didn't take me seriously.

But at least nobody got hurt and we can close the chapter on this guy. I sort of felt bad / empathy for him because he got screwed in his dream of being an air force pilot and becoming bitter his whole life. But he also had clear psychological problems. So this is a sad ending. But its also probably an untrue ending according to the NTSB. I think there was more involved. But I could be wrong. Maybe he did try to go and crash his plane at Taylor Swift's house but couldn't find it because of the fog and loitered.. who knows.

But I'm glad he's gone. I just needed to get off my chest the stuff I knew about the guy.