PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any Suggestions in joining the regionals?
Old 23rd Sep 2015, 11:59
neilki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hiring

I'll add; after a 60 day job search, that everyone is hiring. APC has more information by far, but it can descend rapidly into long held dispute.
There are 3 camps; i believe. Some carriers will thrive & grow; perhaps substantially. PErhaps a couplE will morph into more 'national' carriers with E175's & 195's -effectively 'C Payscale' majors (or perhaps be completely swallowed by the majors; the upshot for employees is the same..)
Some will fail completely or consolidate and become true Regional airlines with 50 seat hops; like it was 10-15 years ago. Folks still need to travel to Peoria :-)
pay is increasing, travel benefits can be excelent (Envoy) to very good (Endeavor) to hit & miss (do the math!)
Look at APC, (read first before asking questions!)
Get your paperwork in order. You will be filling in forms until your fingers bleed. Make sure everything is accurate and the numbers all work.
ATP/ATP mins; FCC license, First Class Medical (with >60 days left to run)
Work history, residence history, Credit et al. Ask your previous bosses to expect and return a questionnaire.
If you have any black marks against you: (DUI, Criminal et al) Disclose it. They will find out. You will be walked out of class and sent home.
Read the Gouges; they're generally spot on. i interviewed at 3 airlines; Clearly they only interview prescreened pilots, most people who showed up were offered on the day.
Everyone talks about 'the Lost Decade' -it's closer to 15 years; but things are picking up; and the next generation of 70-90 seat aircraft are established and arriving. It may be the best time ever to join a regional in the US; but don't expect the Bank Manager to agree for a while!