PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow S76 down in Lagos discussion (Not condolences)
Old 16th Aug 2015, 01:07
pilonrock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All true

All true chopper line ! But really if I'm running out of fuel or have a concern for the AC I wouldn't think twice about landing anywhere the concerns about insurance are secondary. I just don't think Bristows attitude on many levels supports safety. One guy falls and bumps his head and sustains injury and everyone is wearing helmets ! 6 people die and instead of fast rule changes that would prevent more loss of life it will be same old same old. There will be no changes if it effects the bottom line. Let's hope it's the complete opposite and the loss of Jay and Bello and the passengers on board effects change for the betterment of safety for all future operations. I hope and pray that the mgmt in Lagos gets their head out if their ass and effects change fast!

Originally Posted by Copterline 103
Pilonrock ,
The fear of the wrong deck landing and its consequences is probably due to the rig’s strict insurance policy and condition requirements. The rig’s Hull insurances are not valid if each fire fighting stations are not manned, as well as fire fighting system has not been fully pressurized for immediate fire fighting response.
If a helicopter lands on the wrong deck then immediate fire fighting and immediate rescue service does not exist. In this case, the rig’s Hull insurance coverage does not exist at all. This is the reason why this is almost larger issue than life thing. This is Underwriter’s mandatory requirement (fully established immediate fire fighting and rescue response).