PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jeppesen for Android?
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2015, 01:38
Tinstaafl

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I went to Sun'n'Fun yesterday, with a major aim of talking to vendors about Android support for approach charts. The short answer is that it is poor.

No one except for Jepp had anything for Android, and Jepp's staff at S'n'F knew *less* than the info tech support emailed to me.

It really sucks. All I want (from Jepp, preferably, for international charts) is an electronic version of the paper documents I use now. I don't want or need georeferenced charts, or some sort of integrated flight planning software. An indexed file of .pdfs would be fine. In fact, that's what I have now on my Android, courtesy of the FAA's free access to chart info and Your source for digital(PDF, EPUB, MOBI) Approach Plates and Airport Directories..

But what I can't get is international charts. Jepp doesn't seem to give a rat's arse about that, except for a limited number of Android devices, and only if you run their integrated flight planning software. Last time I tried that, it wouldn't install because it wasn't on the list of supported devices.