PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Resignation Tips
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2015, 06:10
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reading these posts is like attending an afternoon tea party with a bunch of 60 year old gossiping women.

You will be required to put the villa back to it's original state. Every occupier has to do this. Some people may have been given the option to take the garden as is but, when they leave, are still responsible for clearing it again if the next tenant doesn't want the trees, grass, built in BBQ and Olympic pool. All three parties need to be in mutual agreement and a contract will be signed to such effect. It's not always available however, my case being one such example where we too had to remove all foliage and trees that were not part of the original sand pit. It's not a very 'green' policy and hardly in line with the EMvironment bull**** that's spouted about on the EK PR machine and SAFA magazine. I also suspect that certain staff in accommodation department have a nice commission earner for getting in the same Companies to clear it all. In total we paid around 4000 dhs to have the garden done, some internal doors replaced, some rooms painted and glue removed from where we had carpets down. We'd been advised not to re paint ourselves as the Company would still do it anyway and charge us. That was good advice. In all, I think the cost was very reasonable and half of what we'd budgeted for.

But, back to the tea party, the dramatic use of the word 'huge' deductions is hardly appropriate, especially when the EOSB and Provident fund are independent from salary deductions. Perhaps a chat with those in the department will shine some more light on the process and procedures to follow.

Harry