PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2014, 19:11
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Of pots and kettles.

Got busy on Skype last night; tried to get a feel for overseas interest and intentions. Seems 'they' all know, with Australia becoming a 'standard' butt for jokes, like the series of Irish or elephant gags: some of them are very good. It's probably just as well the national sense of humour is based on taking the Mickey; rather than wit, the irony should be appreciated.

I could not, not 100% determine if the Yanks were planning a trip 'dununder', they most certainly want to and if there were a few more pennies in the jam tin; they certainly would be here. As it stands, that decision is in the lap of the financial gods; however the will to do it exists.

The main concern of course is that now a small part of the 'system' has been exposed for what it is, through the Senate Pel Air inquiry and the expert recommendations of that panel; that being further supported by the Rev. Forsyth and his excellent review, that nothing, not a thing has been done to address the 60 odd far reaching, important fixes required by those reviews and demanded by industry. My response is to quote the 2008 audit, the money spent and the stellar achievement of Part 61 and CAAP 215 as proof of money well spent, when the coughing and spluttering dies away; always the same response to the "you're kidding" question – "no mate, I'm not". The next question everyone asks is – "where the hell are the press?". Your guess is as good as mine I reply. Unbelievable they say..

Now as it happens, I know a couple of 'producers', one in the US and I did manage a chat with him. He was as surprised that there was 'trouble at mill' as I was that he had NFI. It ended up being an 'interesting' conversation. Not holding my breath though, Sandilands reckons there are no journalists anymore and people are not interested in a good yarn, well told. Just 'grabs' of easily digested potted or regurgitated pap. A quick, vicarious thrill, a tut-tut and it's back to MKR. Friend of mine who makes a study of such things has always maintained that most conversation is carried out during the TV program and dries up when the advertisements are on; he's serious about it – go figure.

This all leaves us wandering about in the dark, and Vlad trying to understand WTF Abbott is on about; I couldn't snag the picture I wanted, but look at the Vlad expression in the one below. Talk about glass houses, rocks and them what chuck's 'em. The pot and the kettle, together at last; discussing who has the grimiest arse; which is rather a good question.

Courtesy Daily Mail.

Thorny, have you been keeping low company again, mixing with the IoS and MaM, drinking beer and attending arcane, lampshade wearing meetings with riff-raff?..... Good onya....See you next week mate.....

Toot toot. (MkI).

Last edited by Kharon; 12th Nov 2014 at 20:07. Reason: Nice one Sarcs – share your choc frog with comrade Sandilands.