PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2014, 06:35
thorn bird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm, heard the same rumour Kharon.

Does this signify that politics is suddenly taking an interest in aviation?

I sincerely hope that is the case.

Given the historical record one cannot help but be cynical.

Do I sense the clammy hand of that malevolent, manipulating, Machiavellian mandarin's mandarin meddling in the mire?

Was the scenario a dimly lit room, overstuffed chairs, decanter of the finest cognac, snifters and the wafting aroma of cuban cigars?

Sir Humphrey (Oz version)

"It is dreadfully unfortunate that the minister chose to ignore my advice and have this damned inquiry.

I warned him it could backfire, which it undoubtably has".

PM's man.

"How in blazes did you let that that happen Sir Humphrey?"

The minister insisted it was an election promise. Silly old goat getting attacks of integrity all of a sudden, I tell you his minds going.

Those dreadful malcontents from industry fairly buried the committee in submissions, all damning.

We tried to keep it all under wraps, but as you know the DAS insisted he wanted names and addresses including next of kin for later retribution, he's as bad as the minister except he's convinced he belongs to the Stasi.

I mean, really, have you seen those thugs he employs as enforcers? good god, they even frighten the hell out of me.

Security was so lax bits and pieces got leaked to the ills of society and the next think we knew there was thirty four, Thirty four mind you, recommendations that would tear through the very fabric of the CAsA safety mystique we have worked so hard to develop.

PM's man

"So what do you want me to do?"

"Well there are rumours that the FAA have been taking a strong interest in CAsA, this whole unfortunate business, along with the Pelair debacle, must have made it abundantly clear to them that they were, shall we say, snowed during their last audit. There is little doubt we would not get away with it again.

Think of the ramifications for the government and the PM if Australia were downgraded by the FAA.

You must be aware that my minister is...err...not to put it too unkindly, two penneth short of a quid, I am of the opinion that to leave him to handle it is fraught with danger. He could get another attack of integrity and call for a royal commission. Do you have any idea how corrupt CAsA is? Could bring us all down.

No No No, a royal commission is absolutely out of the question.

If you could see your way clear to take this damnable report away from the minister.

My concerns are entirely about protecting the PM from embarrassment of course.

You are in a far better position to withhold it than my department.

That will give me breathing space to fabricate the governments response to be released sometime in the new year.

With luck the industry will be too full of christmas cheer to notice and I'm informed there's a whole raft of new regulations about to be inflicted on them which hopefully will distract them from complaining too much"

Fiction I know But...

Last edited by thorn bird; 13th Nov 2014 at 01:45.