PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2014, 07:45
thorn bird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

"Isn't that almost verbatim what the Skull said when he first took up the reigns of the DAS job?? However the big difference this time is there is 269 submissions - representing literally thousands of industry stakeholders - outlining a majority consensus that the current regime at CAsA will simply no longer be accepted or trusted by industry."

YUP,
Time for the industry to pull together methinks, those of the "I'm all right Jack" self interest brigade should understand that their own survival is also at risk if the rampant regulator continues down this path.

There is some very interesting reading on another post regarding the laws of diminishing return.

If the industry withdraws from CAsA as a whole, other than what is required by law, then CAsA become irrelevant.
If nobody attends their "Seminars".
If they are positively excluded from attending any Industry seminars.
If their people are not talked to, other than what is required by law.
If their employees are made to feel unwelcome anywhere the industry may congregate, other than what is required by law.
If the self serving RPT operators withdraw the privileges they extend to CAsA personnel.

Then perhaps the message will get through that all is not well, and changes must be made.

The new DAS says he wants to talk, sorry old mate talk is cheap, we found out the hard way with the Skull, and what did that get us?

Thousands of pages of indecipherable gobbledygook that now make up our maintenance regulations that align with???.... nobody.

Our engineers no longer qualified internationally, workshops closing every month, voluntarily on top of those who ran afoul of CAsA expert AWI's.

1500 odd pages of indecipherable gobbledygook in Part 61, 141,142, that nobody, with the best will in the world could ever be expected to comply with.

Is CAsA so incompetent that it takes them 1500 pages to enunciate what the New Zealanders can do in 80 pages??, clearly, precisely with no doubt what they mean or intend, or the Americans, and god forbid even EASA with much the same...., well okay, okay, EASA has a few more but they have realized that certain sections of their industry collapsed because of that and are now actively rewriting them, and in any case any resemblance our regulations have to EASA is entirely coincidental.

We hear the CAsA spin doctors spruiking how respected and envied Australia is in the world of aviation, when from my own experience internationally, mention CAsA and eyes roll upwards with a lot of sympathetic Tut Tutting, its downright embarrassing!

Can anyone name a single country who have adopted Australia's world class internationally respected regulatory suit?? aww... come on, has to be one??.Nope, Oh good grief!!not even PNG!! bloody Traitors!!

How many countries have adopted New Zealand's regulatory suit or used it as a model???..errr??...HOW MANY!!! Your kidding?? Bloody Kiwi's, cant even beat them at rugby.

Let the new DAS explain to us exactly what Part 61 means, because his own employee's cant, I'm prepared to give him a week.
I'm on my fourth read and I'm still no closer to figuring out what they require and I'm yet to find anyone who does.

RIP IOS, long live the MAMaries!!

Last edited by thorn bird; 31st Oct 2014 at 18:13.