PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Russia Warns Sweden and Finland Against NATO Membership
Old 18th Jun 2014, 13:26
Thomas coupling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Before we get into slagging off Putin, remember this:
In our lifetime, everything the West [and by "the West" I mean the US and its coat tail dragger - UK] has been embroiled in - has spectacularly failed:
IRAQ - Saddam was a tyrant, but the bloodshedding that is happening now makes his regime look like the doctrine of a WI committee.
EGYPT - The US pumps (pumped) 10 BILLION dollars a year into insuring its authority in that state. To what end now? Disaster. 200 of the previous government are now sentenced to death?? Thousands of anti government protesters have been killed.
LIBYA - Don't make me laugh...................
Afghanistan - 4000 dead proud americans - dead. For what?

And the West has the gall to accuse Putin of aggression????
A totally and irefutably undeniable illegal uprising by a bunch of unruly protestors against a democratically elected government in Kiev is completely overlooked by the West. Putin (the next door neighbour) tries to assert some kind of law and order and the US and the EU scream blue murder.
The US is as much a danger to world peace than any two bit operation in the middle east or Russia will ever be - IMO.
I hope and pray China who overtook the US last month on an economic output perspective) will wrestle the mantle of THE world's superpower and put it to much better foreign policy use than ever the US/EU can and have done.

There is a scintila of light in the UK lately: Cameron was put in his place by the Parliament over Syria. William Hague has categorically said that the UK will NOT get involved militarily in the ISIS debacle The tide HAS turned (I hope) in the UK and the British Public have shouted from the rooftops that enough is enough w.r.t. foreign policy. We are TIRED (and INCAPABLE) of interfering in other peoples business. Long may it last.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...a52_story.html