PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Perfect Example Of CASA Outrageaous Behaviour?
Old 7th Jun 2014, 01:13
onetrack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Demand that all public servants with CVD be removed from their jobs.
They're a national threat - they could easily screw up a major project because of their inability to differentiate important colours in PP projections.

What about dyslexics?? A bigger threat than anything. Dyslexic LAME's frighten the bejeesus out of me. Tightening a crucial fastener to 84Nm instead of 48Nm??

Where are the recorded major incidents/fatalities that can be sheeted directly home to a CVD pilot? Proof, please, CASA.
If CASA want to move on this; definitive, provable incident figures have to be produced to back up the proposed change/s.

I'd be more concerned about hidden heart disease posing a real danger to the operation of aircraft, than I would ever be concerned about CVD.
The medical techniques for finding narrowed arteries are still very limited. We all know people who have lied in medicals.

Media releases: 13 January 2005 - Pilot incapacitation led to fatal aircraft accident at Mareeba

People suffering from CVD adjust to their deficiencies as well as one-eyed people.
One-eyed people aren't banned from holding a pilots licence, they can pass with a medical waiver in the U.S. Wiley Post is a classic example.
Post wasn't killed by his lack of eyesight, he was killed by his ignorance of aeronautical engineering design!